1 - 125 grams of dark cooking chocolate.
2 - 30 grams of Cocoa
3 - 350 grams of dark choc chips.
The recipe might seem difficult, but once your organized it's not so hard. And they are yum.
I melt my 1st dark choc first. Over a simmering pot of water, or you can just use the microwave. Wilst that's melting gather the following.
in a mixer, mix the following:
- 125g soft unsalted butter
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 50g regular sugar
- Add in the melted choc
- Add 1Tsp vanilla extract
- Add 1 cold egg
Combine the following:
- 150g plain flour
- 30g Cocoa sieved
- 1 Tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
Mix the flour mix into the butter mix
Add the choc chips and stir
Scoop out with an ice cream scoop 12 equal moulds onto a lined tray (i actually got 18 out of this mix).
Don't flatten them. 6mm apart. They will flatten in the oven hilts cooking.
Cook for 18min.
Cake tester sould be semi cleaned.
Leave to cool on tray for 5 min, then transfer to rack to harden..
- 75g brown sugar
- 50g white sugar
- 125g 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- 1 egg cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g flour
- 30g of good quality cocoa powder
- 1 level teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of table salt
- 150g of milk chocolate chips
- 150g of white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius
2. Cream the butter and sugar
3. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler and then add to the butter and sugar
4. Add the egg and vanilla extract and combine again until smooth
5. Add the flour, cocoa, salt and bi-carb and mix until combined before adding the chocolate chips
6. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the mixture onto 2 trays into 18 cookies of even size. You don't need to flatten the cookies
Bake for 12-14 minutes
Leave to cool on the baking tray slightly and then transfer to the cooling rack until completely cool