Anzac Biscuits (Gluten Free)
Why Gluten free? I asked myself the same question. But I was amazed. The taste was great. A gluten free diet is the only accepted diet to assist with celiac disease. Gluten is a protein complex found in wheat. Oats may or may not be gluten free, as there are some arguments on whether they are prone to cross contamination in their milling process with other grains that's have traces of gluten. So I have shop bought all these products labelled Gluten Free, so I can only hope I haven't been mislead,,
So I shop bought all ingredients below.
- White rice flour. 1/2 cup sifted
- Brown rice flour. 1/2 cup sifted
- Organic Desicnated coconut. 1/4 cup
- Organic cocunut sugar. 1 cup. Or 1/2 cup if you prefer chewy biscuits . Or low GI brown sugar if you can't find. 1/2 cup.
- Organic butter. 125g
- Organic maple syrup 4 tablespoons
- Baking soda. 1/2 teaspoon
- Hot water. 1 tablespoon
Preheat oven 150 degrees c.
Mix all dry ingredients into a bowl.
Melt butter in saucepan then add maple syrup
Place baking soda in a separate cup, add the hot water. Stir, then add to butter mix.
Add liquid butter mix to the dry mix and stir until it looks like the oats are sticky.
Scoop a tablespoon of mix onto a tray with baking paper. Should fit 6 onto a tray.
I flattened some by hand, and others left as a round ball. A slight difference in texture when cooked.
Oven 20 min Until golden brown, then transfer to cooling rack. .