Sunday, September 5, 2010

Spanish Yogurt Cake (Melane Cake)

This is a recipe from my sister in law (her duaghters name is Melane), who visited us from Spain. I googled all night to find an equivalant so that I can refer my version to its Spanish orgins. One site simply calls this cake a "Simple Spanish Yogurt" cake.




Line a bread tin or square cake tin with baking paper, or butter all sides.

Now when I refer to  cups, my sister in law used a standard coffee mug. (and trust me a similar version that I found on  http://food.lizsteinberg.com/2010/05/25/simple-spanish-yogurt-cake/ refers to his cup measurements from that of the yogurt container.

Ingredients


Plain Yogurt             1 Cup
Castor Sugar             2 1/2 Cups
Vegetable Oil           1 Cup
Plain Flour                3 cups
Lemon Rind             1 Tablespoon
Eggs                         4
Yeast                        2 sachets (can substitute with 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder)


Method
Mix all ingredients into a large bowl and beat with an electric hand beater.
Pour into a bread tin.
Bake for 30 - 45 minutes. (check after 30 minutes)

Cinnamon               1 Tablespoon
Castor Sugar           1 Tablespoon

Mix the castor sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top of the mixture before entering into the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment