Saturday, September 11, 2010

Red Velvet Cake




Yes. Im made the cake rathar than the cupcakes, for my daughters birthday. Following Hummingbird, I have doubled my ingredients of my Red Velvet Cup cake mix.

The best thing to do though is to re-write the recipe with the correct quantities, as its easy to forget to double up.

I used two round (20cm) tins and shared one batch between the both.

Depending how many layers or how thick you want the cake, one batch of the double mix isnt enough for 3 layers (as the Hummingbird suggests).

I used a Cream cheese frosting (from Donna Hays book) for the top and sides, and used a butter cream for the centre just to ease the sweatness of the cream cheese (but I would probably just keep it to one type of frosting on my next attempt).


half the batch from one cake tin 
Butter cream 

No comments:

Post a Comment