- 80g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g cups icing sugar sifted
- 25ml cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Using your mix master again with the paddle attachment (beater),
- Place the butter in the mixing bowl and add in only half the icing sugar sugar - mix on low speed and slowly.
In seperate measuring cup
- combine the milk and vanilla together then add to the mix master slowly.
On medium speed of an electric mixer, beat about 3-5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
Gradually add the remaining sugar, beating well (about 2 minutes) after each addition, until the icing is thick enough for good spreading consistency (you may not need all of the sugar).
The longer you mix the more fluffy it gets (but it will be softer). I prefer a inbetween texture.
Now I use my piping bag (really easy). Or use a rubber spatular to spread.
You can slice the top of your cupcakes prior to adding the frosting. with a brush, lightly brish the cut cupcake with milk (this will soften the cupcake and get rid of any crumbs), then add the frosting.
add a teaspoon or so of lemon rind to ease the sweatness.